Here's a simple video showing you seven basic (and most common) embroidery stitches.
This quick little showcase covers —
– Back Stitch
– Split Stitch
– Stem Stitch
– Chain Stitch
– Blanket Stitch
– Satin Stitch
– French Knot
Recommended books —
– 'The Stitch Bible' by Kate Haxell
– 'Embroidery' by Penny Black, India Flint and Vicki Porter
– 'Doodle Stitching' by Aimee Ray
In this tutorial I used —
– DMC thread/floss,
– A no.7 embroidery needle
– White 100% cotton homespun fabric
– A 125mm/5" round wooden embroidery hoop
**Apologies for the blurred/out-of-focus shots: filming embroidery stitching is very tricky!
Thanks for watching!! xx
Like, Share and Subscribe!!