Stamp Carving Basics // Block Printing How-To // DIY Rubber Stamps- Today I will show you how to card your own rubber stamps using supplies in the June Smart Art Box:
Lino cutting tool set
Waterbased Speedball printing ink
Soft rubber brayer
Soft carving block
Also recommended: Scrap paper for testing prints, tile or scrap plastic for a palette, baby wipes/paper towel and spray bottle of water for cleaning, ball point pen
1. Sketch or transfer your design on the soft carving block.
2. Working from largest tools to smallest remove a layer of rubber around your design. Use the smaller tools for details.
3. Clean the plate and ink it up with your brayer and pull a test print.
4. Carve away any areas you don't want to print.
5. Clean the plate and make as many prints as you like.
Sponsored by Smart Art Box
Stamp Carving Basics // Block Printing How-To // DIY Rubber Stamps
Enroll in my Craftsy Class at 50% off:
Video production and Craft ideas: Lindsay Weirich
Music: Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0
Sign Up For The Frugal Crafter News!
For Sponsorships or Product Reviews:
Follow along and have fun!
Thefrugalcrafter Community on Facebook: Join in the fun!
Visit my blog:
Follow me on Pinterest: